Sunday, January 8, 2012

Your Best isn't For Saving.

Your Best Isn't For Saving My mother-in-law received a collection of sterling silver flatware as a marriage present. She kept the silver in a wooden box on a top shelf. So far as I know, she only employed the silver on the infrequent occasions when she hosted her women's club. She said that she was saving the sterling for "best. By contrast, the mum of my varsity roomie also had a collection of sterling silver flatware she received as a marriage present. White satin wedding shoes.

Then she moved the wooden box down from the drawer and put it on the counter next to the kitchen table. She no longer had to shine tainted silver. Profusion Is Now These 2 related stories demonstrate the junction between excess and time. Excess isn't just about money and material products. It has been one or two years since I left the band I was with. Appears to me that I was not left with much of a choice in the pr oblem. When I was thirty, ( OK, now I am dating myself ), I joined what's known as a GB ( General Business ) band. For the 1st year we probably did marriages that were prepared before my joining.

Fortunate for us these people failed to select another band when they found that the vocalist they believed would be there was actually going to be me. I loved singing the bride and groom's special songs and somehow added to their day. I liked having to be hopeful and "on" even on those days when I felt "off". " She was saving her best for some unfixed time in times to come which is an alternative way of announcing that she did not live in the "now" of her life.

Is Your Best On Hold? Were you taught to put your life on hold? Are you waiting till later to enjoy what you have earned? Are you saving your best crystal and china for sometime? Have you got a box of sterling silver concealed away in your cabinets? The reality is, tomorrow never comes. If you do not use it n ow, when will you? As a demonstration of profusion thinking, go thru your house and find 3 items you are saving for "best. Whatever it's that you have that you don't use as you think that it's too good for now, resolve to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment